Armadillo Lifestyle Composite Decking is the ultimate choice for low maintenance, high performance, long-lasting deck. Our composite decking is wrapped on all four sides with a polyethylene protective shell to creative a natural wood grain finish and protect against fading, weathering, stains, mold, and mildew.
How much of the human body is water?
- The answer is 60%
- The brain has a composition of around 73% water
There is a parasite that can live for several days even in a chlorinated environment; it’s called cryptosporidium, and it is the leading cause of outbreaks of diarrhea tied to water in the U.S., according to the CDC.
The agency warned that the number of crypto cases in the U.S. has increased an average of 13% per year since 2009. It is contracted when people drink water contaminated with the parasite, and it can cause loose, watery diarrhea that can last up to three weeks and lead to life-threatening dehydration, malnutrition and even death.
1 micron filters will capture Cryptosporidium
History of Water Treatment
Permanent water chlorination began in 1905, when a faulty slow sand filter and a contaminated water supply caused a se – rious typhoid fever epidemic in Lincoln, England.
The first continuous use of chlorine in the United States for disinfection took place in 1908 in New Jersey. Chlorine is a highly efficient disinfectant, and is added to public water supplies to kill disease-causing pathogens, such as bacteria, viruses, and protozoans.
Dangerous Disinfection By-Products
Disinfection by chlorination can produce compounds known as disinfection by-products called trihalomethanes which cause liver and kidney cancer, as well as heart disease.
Where tap water is chlorinated, it should be dechlorinated before use in an aquarium, since chlorine can harm aquatic life in the same way it kills microorganisms.
PFAS (PFOS & PFOA)
In 1938, Dr. Plunkett discovered nonstick PFAS chemicals by accident during a failed experiment with refrigerants. Within 10 years, DuPont was producing about 2 million pounds of PFAS compounds per year.
From the late 1940s to the 2000s, PFAS was the 3M Corporation’s wonder product. The qualities that made it so useful, however, also make it virtually impossible to break down in nature — giving the compounds the ominous nickname “the for- ever chemical.”
Michigan has the highest levels of PFOS in the country making it the most dangerous place to drink from the faucet.
Some of the potential effects on human health are:
- Thyroid Dysfunction
- Delayed Puberty
- Increased Levels of Uric Acid
- Liver Problems
- Cholesterol Changes
- Immune Disorders
PFAS in Michigan
Department of Environmental Services
Water filtration units that use granular activated carbon can be effective in removing the PFAS compounds. A number of water pitcher, water faucet and refrigerator-based carbon filtersare commonly used in homes. Studies have shown these types of filters typically remove approximately 30%- 70% of the PFAS in water.
Treatment of all of the water entering the home can be best accomplished by a carbon-based POE system.2 stage carbon filters were found to remove over 95% of PFAS.
My Water is Hard—So What?
Water hardness refers to the level of certain minerals, particularly calcium and magnesium, found in your tap water.
Hard water causes limescale buildup inside pipe systems, toilets, water fixtures, and appliances leading to damaged seals, clogging, and leakage.
Calcium and magnesium are good for healthy bones, but they are the bad guys when it comes to certain appliances.
Polyphosphates For Hard Water
Polyphosphates have been used for many years in municipal and industrial water systems to control hard water issues.
- Sequester calcium, aragonite and hard water minerals.
- Phosphates are used in water systems to inhibit corrosion of water mains and plumbing.
- Reduce soluble lead and copper in potable water
- Clean or dissolve precipitated mineral scale already existent in water distribution lines
Polyphosphate water conditioning can eliminate the use of a water softener and does not require salt purchases.
Eliminate Salt Purchases:
Residents of Texas have been warned about using tap water after a deadly brain-eating microbe was found in the city’s water supply.
- Tests confirmed the presence of Naegleria fowleri in the system. The amoeba can cause an infection of the brain, which is usually fatal.
- Eight Texas communities were told not to use their water supply for any reason except to flush toilets after a young child passed away.
- They later were told that people could begin using the water, but must boil it before drinking it.
- Residents were also told to take other measures, including not allowing water to go up their noses while showering or bathing.
- Those infected with Naegleria fowleri have symptoms including fever, nausea and vomiting, as well as a stiff neck and headaches. Most die within a week.
- Naegleria fowleri is microscopic ranging from 8 micrometers to 15 micrometers in size and has been know to be resistant to chlorine.
- The CDC reports that infections have been reported in northern
states as well.
What is a Micron?
You may see filters given a ‘class’ rating based on their effectiveness. This rating is based on the micron size too.
|Class I||0.5 to < 1 micron|
|Class II||1 to <5 microns|
|Class III||5 to <15 microns|
Attack on Immunity
- Chlorination produces Disinfection By-Products
- Brain-Eating Microbes & Cryptosporidium
- PFAS, Lead, and other Contaminants
Health Effects on You:
Fever, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, headaches, thyroid dys- function, delayed puberty, osteoarthritis, liver problems, cho- lesterol changes, immune disorders, liver and kidney cancer, heart disease, and death
Hard Water also does damage to your Home and Appliances
WATER FILTRATION FOR THE WHOLE HOUSE
is the best solution that will protect you and your home
4 Stage Coconut Shell Catalytic Carbon Block Filter:
- Class I Filter
- Sub-micron (0.2) Filter
- Removes 99.95% of Microbes
- High Capacity – 5 years
- High Flow
- Improves Taste & Odor
- NSF 42 & 53 Certified